Monday, April 11, 2005

In His Presence

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff-- they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD my whole life long.

I haven't been here since a while.

As a sheep, I haven't been gazing on the grass and resting at the still water.

Too much running around, too much hustling with the flock...

Thank you for "making" me lie down. Thank you for "restoring" my soul.

Would the "still waters" be on the "right paths" (paths of righteousness), as I follow your lead, living according for your name's sake? And if so, your "right paths" may even lead me through "the darkest valley" but I won't fear nor fret, "for you are with me".

O God, without your presence, the sense of "for you are with me", there will be no way I could survive. Moses didn't want to lead without Your Presence. And Jesus promised His Presence for me (I will be with you always til the end of the age). Help me to be more aware of your presence in my life, help me to see your presence in the work I do, help me to follow you, all the day of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home