Wednesday, March 23, 2005

breaking my fast

I broke the fast yesterday. It was an accident. We had a business lunch yesterday at Thai's BBQ. When ordered the food, I asked for a Thai's ice coffee as the usual habit. Not until a few minutes later I realized that I was on my coffee fast for Lent. Thoughts raced through my mind. Should I called off the order, or should I just went on with it? I decided that I shouldn't be too legalistic about it. Humble pie is good for the soul too anyway. So, I went on with it. This Sunday I will break the fast with a Starbucks hot venti mocha mint soy easy mocha. It will be intentional. What a joy! This is the first time ever I fast for Lent. Growing up as non-liturgical Vietnamese Christians, we often thought that fast and Lent are Catholic things. Not until I am studying a bit about various spiritual disciplines, and having conversations with other Christians here in the US, then I realize that it's not a bad thing, then I decided to try it out. So far, it neither help or hurt my existing relationship with God or my life style either... May be next time I need to try something more essential to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home